Friday, January 19, 2007

Why?

My God, my God, why would You die for us?

Holy God in love became
Perfect Man to bear my blame
On the cross He took my shame
By His death I live again

What more beautiful words? What more beautiful truth? The God of all creation has brought peace to our souls! He has rescued our souls with His own blood shed upon Calvary! Can we ever hear this enough?

No. We cannot hear the truth of the Gospel too much! We must hear it every day, every hour, every step, at all times! Can you breathe too much to the point where you no longer need oxygen? No. Yet how much more we need the Gospel! How much more than oxygen to our lungs we need the Gospel to our hearts over and over again!

Why would God choose us, filthy murderers in the ugliest of rebellious state? We deserve no kindness of His. Yet, He chose mysteriously to save us and not only that but to pour out His blessings on us. What is there to do other than to meditate on this truth every day in order to live the effects of it in passionate worship to our God until or dying breath?

1 comment:

brandon edmunds said...

Yes man!! I really like what you point out we need the Gospel, like CJ Mahaney says, No days off! We will sin everyday we walk on this planet, It is important to remember that we have LIFE, because of Christ. So much love, it's truly amazing, I can't stress how amazing it is.