Sunday, May 25, 2008

New Attitude 2008 - Couldn't Go?

"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts."

~Jeremiah 15:16 (ESV)

New attitude is a conference held annually by Sovereign Grace Ministries for singles and young married couples. At the conference, folks enjoy four days of passionate (and loud!) worship in song, WORLD CLASS messages, solid Biblical truth, fellowship, and challenge toward application.

This year, the theme is one we all need--one I know I need desperately: God's Word. Let's be honest--okay, I'll start: Compared to what it should be and in light of what Christ has done, my passion for and pursuit of Christ stinks. I deparately need deeper delight in God's Word! There's no hiding--there's no one who "has it all together," and the furthest person to that high of character is me.

So, I need these messages and can't wait to be challenged and provoked by them. Couldn't make it to this year's conference? The messages will be available as they go! Join me in listening in...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I am actually at New attitude right now. Well I'm in the hotel room right now b/c it's late.

so far we've heard from Joshua Harris, Mark Dever, Al Mohler and CJ Mahaney. It all has been full of great biblical truth. Tomorrow we'll be hearing from John Piper and I"m looking forward to that. The music of course has been great.

Sorry you couldn't make it but I'm glad you'll be able to hear the messages after the fact.

Franz Schneider said...

Thanks for sharing how it's going so far! I've been hearing a lot about John Piper's message on fighting for faith with God's Word. That's on my listen-to-ASAP list.

I sure missed it this year, but nevertheless am benefiting from the testimonies of others!