Thursday, January 20, 2011

Working in a War Zone

The Battle that Never Seems to End

In our war with sin, we're often looking for a breaking point--a point of rest and refuge where the battle thins and some of the dust settles to reveal the sunrise. But the reality is, all of us have likely noticed that it just doesn't "happen" that way.

Disaster at Every Turn

The true way to describe our daily battles, especially if there is an obvious area of struggle again sin we are facing, would probably be something like this:

  • "At every turn I face yet another temptation.
  • At every sign of hope I am reminded of my failures.
  • At every inch of growth I am crushed by a mile of backsliding.
  • At every Word of Christ's, the enemy is ready to smash me over the head yet again."
  • It really is hard to procede when we're working in a spiritual warzone.

    Then Where is the Rest?

    Does that sound like you? Do you ever feel that not even the Words of Christ can stay true in your mind long enough to have effect?

    Know this, fellow Christian:

  • He Who does not let you stray hopelessly will neither let you fight battles hopelessly.

  • THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE.

  • He Who provides words of hope IS the hope.

  • THERE IS ALWAYS HELP NEAR.

  • He Who designed growth will give it to you.

  • THERE IS ALWAYS A PATH OF OBEDIENCE AND RESULT.

  • And "He Who did not spare his own Son but freely gave Him up for us all,

  • HOW WILL HE NOT ALSO WITH HIM GIVE US ALL THINGS?"
    -Romans 8:32 (ESV)

    The rest you seek is in His Word. Fill your mind with truth of God and weakness will dwindle. Rest your body with prayer in mind and trust that He will keep you from harm.

    The battle rages on for life, but God blesses on for eternity.


    Recommended Resources
    The Word of God

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Thats really very nice blog, I am impressed.i like it this blog keep it up thanks for post: )
    I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites website list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think.
    really informative Post in this blog i like to read and recommend all my friend to read this blog thanks for share zt-180watch phone zenithinkgpad