Friday, February 16, 2007

Only Jesus

"Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you."

~Psalm 73:25 (ESV)

"Lord, take me deeper into the glories of Calvary."
-Sovereign Grace Music, The Glories of Calvary


What else have I?
Whom is there in the Heavens but You?
You are my First Love
My only love
My only desire
How I need You now!

What love is this that You have shown!
What grace beyond sweetness to the soul!
Jesus, You are my heart's cry
Jesus, You are Who I am desperate for
I am settled when I know Your nearness
And unsettled when I fail to savor You

"With every breath, Lord, how I long
To sing and sing of Jesus Who died for me!"
Show me Your glory, Lord!
I want to go deeper!
Closer and closer to You

I cannot do without more of You
Without more and more of the Bread
That satisfies my hunger, yet increases it
That quenches my thirst yet proves it unquenchable
With all satisfaction, I adore Thee, My Lord!

To You I sing a song of glory
Glory to the One to Whom all glory is due
Glory to the Only One deserving of WORSHIP!
I ascribe all glory to You...

The Great Initiator of lost souls
The only qualified Savior
The God of Grace and mercy
The Creator with sovereign arm
The One to be feared with mighty arm of strength
The limitless God of love
The Bread of Life
The Living Water
The only One for me
The only Joy

The only satisfaction

No comments: