Monday, March 22, 2010

Highlighted Song: Stronger by Hillsong

"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."

~1 John 4:4 (ESV)

I LOVE BIG songs with a BIG message. And this song is BIG.

Life Commonalities

Trying to kick a bad, sinful habit? Asking "why do I have to go through this" for the thousandth time?

We all have these things in our lives at different times, at the same time, or perhaps seemingly all the time! Struggles with sin and trials of life can become such a constancy and can so consume our minds that soon they seem to be ruler of our lives.

God is Stronger

However, whatever that sin--no matter how unbeatable it seems, whatever that fiery trial--no matter how heated, endlessly ablaze, and rekindling it seems, God is bigger, God is greater, God is stronger.

I, being "one of those people," have been so very encouraged by the song, Stronger, by Hillsong--both in listening and singing it with the congregation of God's church! This song's musical BIGNESS greatly supports the BIGGER message in the song--that God is BIGGEST!

"You broke my shame and sinfuless"--sin is already shattered and completely defeat-able! "You rose again victorious"--It is He Who has done it! "Faithfulness none can deny"--None can honestly deny that He is yet with us and will eventually see He has never left! "There is truth that sets me free"--There is LIFE to live! "You are stronger you are stronger, Sin is broken you have saved me..."

Now TURN IT UP LOUD and enjoy!



Stronger
by Hillsong

There is love that came for us
Humbled to a sinner's cross
You broke my shame and sinfuless
You rose again victorious

Faithfulness none can deny
Through the storm and through the fire
There is truth that sets me free
Jesus Christ who lives in me

You are stronger you are stronger
Sin is broken you have saved me
It is written Christ is risen
Jesus you are Lord of all

No beginning and no end
You're my hope and my defence
You came to seek and save the lost
You paid it all upon the cross

So let your name be lifted higher
Be lifted higher be lifted higher



Share



Recommended Resources

No comments: